For a vegetable that has received little attention over the years, it has finally hit the spotlight. That’s right – celery has finally been given the recognition it deserves. But what triggered this recent obsession surrounding celery juice? The Medical Medium.
See also Amazing Health Benefits of Green Tea
Celery is a member of the Umbelliferae family, together with fennel and parsley. Its white variety contains less chlorophyll compared to the greener celery since it is grown shaded from direct sunlight. Its ribs are crunchy and salty in taste and can be used to make various salads and soups.
Celery is a healthy vegetable, rich in vitamin A, vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C, essential amino acids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, folate, iron, phosphorus, and natural organic sodium, which is safe for consumption, unlike table salt, which is harmful in the case of high blood pressure.
See also Incredible Health Benefits of Apples
Health Benefits of Celery Juice :
- It is high in Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C.
- It is packed with sodium, though this is offset by its high levels of potassium. Because of this, celery juice makes a great electrolyte replacement drink that beats anything unnatural. Celery juice really is juicing for health!
- It is an excellent source of fiber and folic acid.
- It improves detoxification.
- It reduces high blood pressure.
- It gives the effect of calmness, so it’s great before a nerve-racking experience, such as a speech.
- It’s great for the kidney, as it acts as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. It aids the successful elimination of the body’s waste through the urine.
- For all you people who are trying to lose weight – don’t stress! One of my favorite benefits of celery juice is the lack of calories. It’s surprising, but celery contains almost zero calories. You can eat stacks of it and never put on any weight at all. Celery’s low amount of calories makes it perfect for weight loss juicing.
- And if this wasn’t enough, celery is also thought to prevent cancer. It contains phytochemical compounds known as coumarins. These coumarins are effective as cancer prevention agents and are known to enhance the activity of certain white blood cells.
- Coumarins also lower blood pressure, tone the vascular system and can sometimes relieve migraines.
- Celery also acts as an appetite suppressor.
See also Amazing Health Benefits of Carrots
See also Benefits Of Dates For Your Healthy