Health experts consider carrots as one of the ultimate health foods. Carrots are loaded with nutrients, including vitamins A, C, K, and B8, along with pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper and manganese. Most of the health benefits of carrots can be attributed to their high beta-carotene and fiber content.
Carrots are readily available year-round and can be eaten raw or cooked. They go well in salads and soups, as well as a stand-alone vegetable for snacks and side dishes. The crunchy texture and sweet taste of carrots are liked by both adults and children.
Carrots have many medicinal health benefits, has an impressive list of nutrients and organic compounds. Consuming as little as 1 carrot a day may help with many kinds of diseases. Below is a list of the Amazing Health Benefits of Carrots;
- Reduces the risk of stroke
- Helps prevent heart disease
- Reduces the risk of heart attack
- Stimulates white blood cells
- Reduces Cholesterol levels
- Reduces High blood pressure
- Helps boost organ function
- Helps boost the immune system
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Prevents prostate cancer
- Reduces the risk of leukemia
- Helps improve eyesight
- Reduces the risk of breast cancer
- Reduces the risk of lung cancer
- Reduces the risk of colon cancer
- Has antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
Daily recommended intake amount
3-4 cups of carrot juice
4- 5 large carrots
Side effects of carrots
Carrots contain high amounts of vitamin A, therefore, one should bear in mind that overconsumption of any vitamin or minerals can be toxic to your health.